16 Questions for Scratticus
1. If you could live in a video game world, which would you choose and why?
Star Wars; it has lightsabers.
2. What are your favorite characters (in any games)?
The real ones. The ones who understand nuance. Big fan of Jolee Bindo, though this may not have been my answer a few years ago!
3. What are your hobbies outside of streaming?
Oh… oh no. Let’s move on. I kid. I enjoy engineering and fighting. I have competed in a national Jiu Jitsu tournament, though only a white belt grade one and I lost all my fights! But still, I was there!
4. What do you like the most about the gaming community?
The kindness and compassion people show one another.
5. What continues to interest you about TTRPGs?
It is still a growing industry; we are figuring out who we are as an industry and what we stand for. Whilst that can be stressful (facing trauma, etc), it also means that we are open to change.
6. If you could be any character in a video game, who would it be?
I would probably enjoy being a main character in an Elder Scrolls game. No cares, just exploration and side quests.
7. What are some of your favorite recently released games?
Tough one. I don’t get a lot of gaming-time in these days, and everything seems to be remakes at the moment. I enjoyed watching someone play that shark game.
8. How did you find out about Games for Love and what made you interested in working with them?
BDave Walters pitched the charity to me after a previous charity livestream.
9. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
Kindness and understanding; rarer than you think!
10. Do you have any pets?
Hildi is a streamer-kitty; full name Brunhilde Thunderclaw Cleaver.
11. What is your favorite animal, real or mythological?
Probably a badger. I don’t know why, I just think they are cute.
12. What tips or advice would you give to a streamer starting out?
Work your butt off. Stick to your morals. I still consider myself starting out. I can’t afford to pay myself a full salary yet. It’s a long climb.
13. What motivates you in working?
I have always been self motivated. I have worked hard at every job I have had and switched to full time streaming only when I had a mental breakdown in engineering.
14. How did you come up with the name “Scratticus”?
It was a high school nickname relating to the squirrel from Ice Age. It has gone through several iterations.
15. What was your favorite moment during the Games For Love charity live-stream?
I mean, there were a lot of epic moments, but playing Uster the level 20 Dwarven fighter with a maximum of 8 attacks per round and slaying a Dracolich fueled by the power of chat donations felt pretty epic.
16. Do you have anything to say to your fans who supported you throughout the live-stream?
They support me through thick and thin and they all know that I love them.